Blast from the Past

While visiting home at the weekend - my Dad mentioned he'd found an old box of miniatures while clearing the garage..

Turned out to be a box containing a bunch of stuff I thought was lost to the warp many many years ago.... Haven't seen this stuff for the best part of 20 years. I got into Warhammer around WFB 2nd Edition (photos earlier in the blog), and then continued to love it though 6th form, and then I think it kind of tailed off after that - did a bit in Uni (World Eaters came second in the house blood bowl tourney), and maybe a bit afterwards - but it must have been soon after that everything was boxed and consigned to a cupboard somewhere...

This did include one of my first 3 minis ever bought. Following discovering Games Workshop for the first time on a record buying trip to Newcastle, I took the bus up myself afterwards when I'd saved enough - and got a copy of Middle Earth RolePlaying, and a blister pack of minis containing Gandalf, Frodo and Sauron. Frodo went on to become the most celebrated Halfling of the Empire (or will do), in our long running (and long paused) WFRP campaign, Sauron is lost, but Gandalf is recovered!

The bulk of the haul is my first edition World Eater force.....

Seems an omen, the time is right to begin World Eaters part two....

The Box of Secrets

Blood for the Blood God!

World Eaters (part 1)

WFRP, MERP, Runequest....

Dark Future (Blood God Styley!)

Tyranids, Paranoia, Dredd, Orks!

Gandalf, one of my first 3 minis ever (circa 1986)...
Mungo Alebellys Ultramarines! (sorry Mungo!)



Comments